Do you have any idea how to replace luggage wheel?
Wheels are the most important parts of your best travel luggage. They help to carry the luggage effortlessly on many surfaces. They also help to reduce pain in the arm when you travel a long way to carry the luggage. But when you get the wheels broken, no word to say how much trouble you are already in. It may create huge problems if it breaks traveling time. But if you know how to replace luggage wheel, you can sort out the problem without any trouble. In this article, we are going to show you the procedure step by step replacing the luggage wheels.
Why Should You know “how to replace Luggage Wheel”?
- Maybe it is the first time that you have faced this problem. Now you are worried about how to replace luggage wheel. You have no enough confidence to replace it by yourself. Trust me; it is not so hard to do as you are thinking like that. It is easier than you are thinking. You just need to follow step by step procedures. Once you finish it, you will be able to understand how it was easier.
- The manufacture provided you a lifetime warranty for the luggage. But you need to provide a shipping charge to send the broken wheel luggage to the manufacture. Believe me, it is more costly than replacing it. You just need to purchase the wheels and some tools that need to use for replacing the wheel. It may be $25-$35 costs to purchase all the necessary tools. We will provide a list of tools that you need to use for replacing the luggage wheel.
- You may get your luggage wheel broken when you are already on the way to the tour or you need to start the tour within a short time. If you send the luggage to the manufacture for replacing the wheel, it may take a long time like a couple of weeks to get the luggage back. But you have no this time. So if you know how to replace the luggage wheel, you can fix the problem within a short time and you can make your tour without any problem.
- This is one kind of new skill to learn a new opportunity. This skill may help you to know the details of the luggage wheel, parts, cost, and time consumption. So here you will know how to replace the luggage wheel
Tools Need to Fix it
- Drill Bit Set
- All in one Screwdriver set.
Before buying all the tools, you need the functions of the tools. You may do not need to buy all the tools for replacing the luggage wheel. It depends on the wheel that you are using in your luggage and how they are attached.
You need the above tools to remove the wheel from your luggage and to attach a new wheel. If you already have a hacksaw, you don’t need to buy a new one.
You may need to buy a set of a screwdriver. They will help you to use them according to their requirement.
If you need to drill for replacing the luggage wheel, it is best to buy a drill machine. This machine is multifunctional and you may use it for different purposes.
Different wheels have different size rivets. You need to buy a rivet following the size that is already used in your travel luggage.
The most important thing that you need to be careful of before buying a wheel, is wheel size. You should buy the size of the wheel that the size is already used in your luggage. If the wheel size is bigger than the previous one, it may tilt while running on surfaces. A smaller wheel can create to run slow compared to the previous one. So you need to select the right size wheel for your luggage. Below are the step-by-step procedures on how to replace luggage wheel.
Replacing Screwed Luggage Wheel
Step-01; first you need to inspect the wheel. Then you need to select a screw from the screw set and use it to take out the screw securing the wheel.
Step-02; after screwing the wheel, you need to pull out the wheel where you will find a clip to remove it. So keep the clip in the center of the wheel.
Step-03; now you can remove the old wheel and replace the new one. You need to take out the old one and place the new wheel.
Step-04; now you can put the bolts on both sides and screw them using the screwdriver. But you need to be more careful while selecting the wheel size. If the size is not fit for your luggage, you will get the luggage wobbly or it will not move properly.
Replacing Riveted Luggage Wheel
Step-01; Rivet luggage wheel is more compound to replace it than the screw luggage wheel. First, you need to wear safety goggles with ear protection. You need a hacksaw to do this.
Step-02; you need to slice the luggage rivet with the hacksaw. Now pull apart the old rivet and remove the old wheel.
Step-03; put your first bearing on both sides of the wheel. Now you need to place the new wheel into the luggage.
Step-04; Insert the new one into the luggage. Then screw the luggage wheel and bearing. Don’t forget to add a washer on both sides of the screw.
Step-05; this is the final step to complete luggage wheel replacement. You need to tighten the nut and then need to test it. After attaching it, you need to run the luggage front and back. If you the luggage is wobbly, you need to tighten the nut more.
Following the above methods, you can replace your broken wheel easily. We hope you have learned how to replace luggage wheel.