Do you want to know how to replace luggage handle?
Maybe you have got a broken luggage handle, and you decided to leave the luggage. If you think so, we can say that you no need to waste the luggage. We have a proper guideline to replace the handle without any significant difficulties. We have gained practical experience and sharing it with you. So, you need to follow the procedures step by step. Let’s start it.
Exact Reasons for Replacing Luggage Handle
- You have recently faced this problem, and now you have no time to send the manufacturer’s luggage to replace it. You may have a tour this week.
- The luggage warranty date expired, and no way to replace it by the manufacture.
- It may take more courier costs rather than buying a new handle to replace it.
- You may get a new skill and can use it at any time when you face this problem.
Tools Require To Replace Handle
A list of tools will help you with how to replace luggage handle. You can check the below lists if you have the tools, no need to buy a new one.
- Philip’s screwdriver
- Drill Machine
It would be best if you had the tools based on how your luggage handle is attached.
How to Replace Luggage Handle For Telescoping Handle?
It mostly depends on how the handle is attached to the luggage. So it may be hard or easy to replace it. First, you need to check your luggage. Most manufacture use rivets or nuts to attach the handle. A rivet is harder than a screw.
If the handle is attached using rivets, you need to use a drilled machine.
First, measure the rivets and drill them 0.5 mm bigger. Now you can fall it. So you can separate the rivets and remove the handle from the luggage. It’s time to place the new handle.
Now come to the point when it is nuts. You can see the screws are fastened with nuts. Now you need to unfasten the screws using the wrench. Once you have done it, you can replace the handle. But be careful about the handle size and tube width. It should be the same as the previous one. You can fasten the screw using the wrench. Now it is ready to use for your tour.
Carry handle replacement is more comfortable than telescoping handle replacement. Most of the carry handles are attached with two screws. So you can take out them using your screwdriver. Now you can replace the handle and fasten the screw, and it is ready to use.
If your luggage is fully lined with fabric, you need to remove it carefully. You also can see that the lining is attached with glue, and you need to make a hole to remove the screws. Some of the luggage contains a zipper to close the lining fabric. So it is also most easy to unzip it and then come to know how to replace luggage handle.
Handle selection is the most crucial part to replace luggage handles. Before replacing the handle, you need to follow the below points carefully.
- If you have the warranty, you need to address the manufacture with the correct information. You need to mention the correct invoice, luggage name, and color, and luggage size. It is the process that can ensure to get the right handle size.
- You can also take help online. It is the right way to ask questions in the Frequently Asked Questions section, and you will get the proper solution.
- There is another option to purchase replacement parts from the Amazon marketplace. But before buying it locally, you need to be sure of the handle size, handle length, handle width, tube length, and width the distance between two tubes. It is not an easy way to find the perfect handle that meets your requirements.
- If you get the plastic handle broken, you can join it using glue. It would be best if you held it sometimes after applying the glue. Hope it is ok to use right now following the procedure of how to replace luggage handle.
If you think you need to repair the handle, you can read the below article.