Do you need to repair luggage handle?
The luggage handle is one of the essential parts of the luggage. It is only part of the luggage that we mostly use while traveling to many places. Luggage without a handle is so challenging to carry for any travel, and you will not be able to enjoy your trip. It helps to bring your best travel luggage with less physical effort.
But if you get the handle broken, it is troubling to carry the luggage. If you think you need to how to fix luggage handle, we are here to help you. You need to follow the below step-by-step procedures.
Why we should Repair Luggage Handle
- You may have a plan to travel within a short time like today or tomorrow. So you have no enough time to send the luggage to the manufacture to fix luggage handle. To get this urgent support, you can repair the luggage handle by yourself.
- You may think it is so difficult to change the handle. But we can say it is not so hard to know how to fix luggage handle. If you follow the below step-by-step procedures, you will know how to repair the luggage handle.
- If you want to send your luggage to the manufacture for repairing the handle, you need to provide the shipping charge. Now you can calculate which is more costly, repairing by yourself or shipping charge. So if the shipping charge is more, you can fix it by yourself.
- If the luggage warranty date has expired, you need to fix the telescoping luggage handle by yourself or others.
- It is an excellent opportunity to learn a new skill. This skill will help you to backup it in any situation for this trouble.
Tools Need To Fix Luggage Handle
You may need to arrange a variety of tools to repair luggage handle. But it mostly depends on your luggage handle attached with luggage and handles types. We have listed a list of devices that are mainly used to fix telescoping luggage handle.
A screwdriver helps to help to screw from the luggage. Before buying a screw, you need to confirm the screw size and type. We recommend using Phillip’s screwdriver. Because you can manage all sizes screw using this screwdriver. It has multi-size functions to operate correctly.
A flashlight helps you to inspect small parts if they remain in the tube.
Checking Tube if it stuck
Check your push button if it works perfectly. If you think the push button doesn’t work correctly, you need to apply the below steps to isolate the problem.
If you think the tube gets stuck, you need to grease it. To do this, you need to remove the screws from the handle and detach the push button from the handle. You can see there is a rod in the tube.
This problem may happen due to the displacement of the rod from the push button. So try to place the rod in the right place. Now you can push the push button and observe if it works correctly or not.
If the problem still now remains, you need to pull out the rods from the tube. Now you need to see the tube if there any foreign parts or debris in the tube. You can use a flashlight to inspect it. You need to remove all the foreign parts or debris from the tube to make it clean. Now you can try again if it works or not
It is not easy to place the push button part while the two rods are in the tube. So it would help if you pulled out the rods from the tubes and put the rods in the push button. Then you need to insert the rods into the tube.
Still, now the problem is there, you need to lubricate the tube using oil or soap. You also can apply grease to make it more lubricate. Hope to use the above steps you can repair luggage handle. You need to wait 20 minutes after applying the grease.
Now you can try it up and down the handle. If it works nicely, you have done it. A big CONGRATULATION is for you. Yes, you have done it to fix luggage handle.
Now it’s time to assemble all screws. You need to be more careful when you tighten the screws. It can displace the rods while collecting the screws. So you need to pay more attention to screwing, and after completing it, you need to recheck it. Now it is perfect to use for your tour.
There are few warnings for you if you try to repair it by yourself.
- Your hands and body may get dirty while repairing the handle.
- The floor also may get messy.
- Luggage parts also get dirty due to using grease.
- You may lose the screws as it is small parts.
Above step by step, discussion points are the most effective way to repair luggage handle. We hope you will be able to reduce your luggage problem if you follow all the procedures.
If the problem is still remaining, you need to replace the handle. How To Replace Luggage Handle will help you to replace it properly.